The Roots on the Ridge Festival will showcase the creative vibe of Estes Park with a full day of music and arts at the base of Rocky Mountain National Park. Our line-up features the legendary Wynonna Judd and her band, “The Big Noise”, Nashville singer/songwriter Ruston Kelly, Wyoming’s own Chancey Williams and “The Younger Brothers Band”, regional favorites that include Chain Station, plus many more.
From their humble inception as an acoustic trio, The Drunken Hearts have evolved into an electric five-piece that is captivating audience across the country. In those few years, the Colorado-based group has managed to make a name for itself in a state that is known for cultivating world-class music.
- A full day of music on 2 stages
- Live artisan exhibits and craft vendors featuring the best of Estes Park’s creative community
- Multiple beverage stands featuring fine wines, craft beers, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages
- A Kids Zone featuring craft making and educational programming
- FREE Water Stations
*Children 10 years of age or younger receive FREE admission when accompanied by paying GA pass holders.
- All the benefits of General Admission
- Admission and free drink coupon for Friday night reception at The Ridgeline Hotel
- Free VIP parking at Estes Park Events Complex
- Front of stage viewing for both stages
- Private VIP Lounge adjacent to Main Stage
- Private Restrooms
- Private, full-service cash bar
- Admission to festival post-party at the The Ridgeline Hotel
- Collectible stainless-steel mug
- VIP lanyard
- (2) VIP festival tickets
- Platinum VIP (lodging included)
- Turn your day-long festival into a weekend getaway
- All the benefits of VIP
- One or two-night stay at the festival’s premier hotel partner, The Ridgeline Hotel
- 10 minute walk or free VIP parking at the Estes Park Events Complex
- Official site of the Friday night reception and Saturday night post-party
- Restaurant and bar on-site, an exciting game room, indoor swimming pool, outdoor fire pits with s’mores kits and much more
- (2) tickets for a complimentary breakfast at Latitude 105
- (2) collectible stain-less steel mugs
- (2) VIP lanyards
Food & Beverage
Any interested food truck or restaurant that would like to complement our food offerings onsite can fill out the food vendor application by February 1
Artisans & Vendors
Calling local artisans. If you would like to showcase and see your crafts onsite at the festival grounds please fill out our vendor application by February 1
Sign up for festival news and updates, and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Roots on the Ridge FAQ
VIP and General Admission tickets are available at www.rootsontheridge.com. Additionally, a limited number of service-fee free tickets are available at The Ridgeline Hotel and Trendz in downtown Estes Park.
Ticket prices do increase as we approach the festival date. Buy early, save money, and start your festival planning!
A VIP ticket provides a private cash bar, VIP lounge, private restrooms, free parking, front-of-stage viewing, and guaranteed access to the post-party at The Ridgeline Hotel on Saturday night. But don’t wait, VIP tickets will go fast and will be limited.
Gates open at 11 am. Come early, there is a full day of music and artisan activities.
It’s a full day event with gates opening at 11 am and the headliner hitting the main stage at 9 pm.
Once you purchase a festival ticket you will receive a confirmation email from our ticket partner, Frontgate Ticketing. Your Roots on the Ridge ticket will be attached to that email confirmation. We don’t like wasting paper so please plan to print the ticket at home or have it easily accessible on your smartphone.
Yes, this is a family-friendly event. Kids 10 and under (when accompanied by an adult) are FREE. We also have a special ticket price for music lovers between 11-16 years of age.
This a rain, snow, or shine event. There is access to indoor facilities for your convenience, but most of the fun is outdoors. Dress accordingly, after all, this is Colorado!
Yes, a limited number of parking passes at the Estes Park Event Center will be sold on the festival website. Additionally, we have coordinated with the Town of Estes Park for additional parking. The website will provide a full map of parking options for festival attendees.
We will be running shuttles from our host hotel, The Ridgeline, for overnight guests. Additionally, we will coordinate shuttles with the Town of Estes Park for municipal lots in Estes Park. Shuttles will run from 11 am until 11 pm.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@rootsontheridgefestival) for all the latest news and announcements.
The schedule of performances will be posted on the festival website and on social media in late April. You will want to be at the festival all day for the amazing musical performances and artisan experiences!
There will be amazing, creative artisans on-site exhibiting, selling, and performing their craft, great food options (including vegan), craft beer and spirits, and a kid’s zone for the young ones.
We will have a designated smoking area on the festival grounds.
No, we are a family-friendly event and smoking in public is unlawful in Colorado.
We do allow small snack bags or snacks that fit in your pocket. We do not allow coolers or picnic baskets. We will have plenty of amazing food options to choose from. Trust us, you won’t go hungry!
FREE water will be provided at the festival so plan to bring a vessel to fill up and stay hydrated! To stay consistent with our sustainability efforts, the festival is discouraging any plastic water bottles onsite.
No outside alcohol will be allowed in the venue. There’s plenty of alcohol for purchase inside the festival. We will have security checking IDs and all fans who wish to consume alcohol will be provided a 21+ wristband. We will have custom branded Roots on the Ridge stainless steel mugs available for purchase. Each beverage purchased in the sustainable mug gets a discounted price. We will also be providing free, non-alcoholic beverages for noble designated drivers.
Yes, you will be allowed re-entry will a valid festival wristband.
As a licensed food venue, unfortunately not.
Yes, you can bring in small folding chairs! We will however have a designated area for chairs as the main stage area will be kept clear for dancing.
- NO COOLERS or PICNIC BASKETS
- NO FLASKS
- NO GLASS OF ANY KIND
- NO TENTS or UMBRELLAS
- NO LASER POINTERS
- NO FRAMED or LARGE BACKPACKS
- NO ILLEGAL/UNAUTHORIZED VENDING
- NO FLYERS or MARKETING MATERIALS
- NO SKATEBOARDS, SCOOTERS, BIKES, or ANY FORM OF PERSONAL TRANSPORTATION (We will have designated bike racks outside the gates.)
- NO BOAS or EXCESS GLITTER! (Although we personally love sparkly things, BOAs and glitter are really bad for the environment. Let your personality be the sparkle.)
- SECURITY WILL BE CONDUCTING BAG CHECKS, PAT DOWNS, AND POCKET SEARCHES AT THEIR DISCRETION. VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS CAN RESULT IN CONFISCATION, EXPULSION, OR ARREST
Applications to be a vendor can be submitted on the festival website. But hurry, space is limited.
Yes, there will be a designated ADA viewing area inside the festival grounds.
Roots on the Ridge is proud to partner with the Estes Arts District. Proceeds from every ticket sold will be donated to our not-for-profit partner.